Tuesday, April 14, 2015

General Conference and baptisms


Thanks for emailing me this week, I am not sure how hard it is back home to set aside time to email me, and I am glad you do it every week. Also I think it is very loving to get packages from home, and I am not sure how much 60 dollars is anymore, but it is a lot over here.

This week I listened to conference as well, I loved  the talk by Elder Andersen, about dancing to the music, https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/the-music-of-the-gospel?lang=eng as well as Elder Pearson's talk, about reading Every Day Every Day Every Day, and the many other Bold things he said. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/stay-by-the-tree?lang=eng

I have a new favorite talk, it is called Israel,Israel, God is Calling by Jeffery R Holland. https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/ces-devotionals/2012/01/israel-israel-god-is-calling?lang=eng

This week is very exciting, we have an interview for 2 baptisms on Tuesday, for a Baptism on this Saturday, or maybe the next!  We just need to do the interview, and then call all the members, bad planning on our part to do it on the week where we can't announce to the members in church, because of general conference, hopefully it goes well.

It is A.. and A..., two kids that wanted to get baptized 3 months ago, and their dad gave them permission, and the rest of there family is active in the church, they even took the expensive, long travel to the city to watch general conference.

Right now me and other missionaries are finding scriptures that they could use to Bible Bash for our religion, not to fight with others, but to know in the back of there mind that it is true.

I tried to eat a weird fruit this week, called bunga sa pandan

and then found out where our family name comes from

Love,
Elder Remer