Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Getting Christmas letters and teaching primary


Thanks for your email, I really like the rock climbing story (the two guys in Yosemite free climbing Dawn Wall), its cool to read the story and think "yeah, I guess that's cool" then put the scale on there.. the thoughts change to "what on earth!!" I would be happy just completing a 5.12 by the end of my life after trying over and over again, the fact that they climbed sections of that, on the first time every time, it blows my mind. and as for the 5.14d... that's like climbing a brick wall, its so crazy hard. That is super cool for me, thanks.

Oh, guess what yesterday I got a ton of Christmas Letters from the primary. It was fun to read all the notes from the primary and they were useful to test the English of some of the people here. Also I got a Christmas postcard of Paul, Aubrey, Ava, Mabel, and Max. Its so much fun to get Christmas mail at the end of January.

I thought I would send you a picture of some of the things I did last week, because my comp was super sick... again, but he did get better enough towards the end for us to do some work.

1) Solved a 5x5 rubix cube, and then again, and again, until I could solve it with any pattern, spiral, and ctr

2) Built a nindot card tower

3) dominos with cards

4) teach a super smart 9 year old (photo above)

We have 4 Elders in Panglao, our areas are pretty big, but we focus close to the church because we only have a group right now of 20 people and an amazing group leader. The other Elders are kabalay with us (living in the same house) and my language is improving very fast with the house of me and 3 other Filipino.

At church this Sunday I had a fun time teaching the primary 10ish year olds. We acted out the story of Nephi, from the 1st chapter until Nephi gets the plates of brass. We had a lot of fun moments, like when I, lehi, picked up my family, and brought them to the wilderness, because the word for carry, and to bring, is the same word in Visayan. We had a lot of fun, and all the primary went to there parents and excitedly told them about Nephi and Lehi, and the plates of brass. It was super Fun.