PHILIPPINES CEBU EAST MISSION
September 10, 2014
Brother and Sister David Lee Remer
2434 Northview Place
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Dear Brother and Sister Remer,
Your missionary has arrived safely! He is here with us in the Philippines Cebu East Mission. My wife and I are excited about having him in our mission. He brought a great spirit, and we are looking forward to working with him. Enclosed is a welcome snapshot taken with Sister Tanner and me.
Our missionaries are encouraged to e-mail family once a week on their preparation day. Below are a few things you can do to keep your missionary happy and successful while on his mission.
1. Send letters and/or email regularly. News from home keeps spirits high and minimizes problems.
2. When sending packages, we recommend the U.S. Postal Service. Other carriers such as FedEX and DHL usually incur large customs fees ($40-$100) which the missionary must pay. Packages should be small enough to be easily carried on public transportation and long walks. Please do not send perishables or liquids, they do not travel well.
3. Try not to mention family problems that would worry your missionary.
4. Please do not visit or telephone your missionary without approval from the Mission President.
5. If you need to make "urgent" contact with your missionary, you may contact the mission office by using
the following telephone numbers: 011-6332-424-1012, or E-mail me at email@example.com.
Although missionaries may require some money from home for shoes, clothing, or dental work, we encourage wisdom and prudence because additional money is often detrimental to learning the lessons of sacrifice and consecration. We recommend a major debit account with joint signatures of parent and missionary for international missionaries.
Thank you for preparing and sending us your fine missionary son. We'll love him and help him learn to take good care of himself and grow in the Gospel.
President Richard L Tanner
Philippines Cebu East Mission